Public Meeting & Workshop #2 - April 17, 2018. Workshop presentation slides may be viewed here.
Public Meeting & Workshop #1 - February 15, 2018. Workshop presentation slides may be viewed here.
Hanover has initiated the development of a Master Plan that will guide future decision making of parks, recreation & culture services over the next 15 years.
The consulting firm prc solutions has been hired to complete the Master Plan.
It has been over 25 years since our last master plan was completed. The recommendations resulted in the development of the Rail Lands Leisure Park area including the soccer fields, planning for trails development, lighting of second Kinsmen diamond and various policy related documents.
An assessment of our parks, recreation and culture operations is necessary to ensure we are meeting the current and future needs of our community in consideration of fiscal realities and corporate objectives focused on efficient, effective and sustainable delivery of services.
Prc solutions began work in mid November. The Parks, Recreation and Culture Advisory Committee is the steering committee for the Master Plan and are providing input throughout.
The Master Plan process is in its final phase. The current tasks and projected timelines are:
- Draft Plan - present and review with Advisory Committee - late May 2018.
- Feedback and refine Master Plan - early June 2018.
- Final Plan to committee - mid June 2018.
- Final Plan Presentation to Council - mid July 2018.
Tasks completed throughout the plan process include:
- Master plan recommendations and content.
- Review of preliminary master plan content, phone survey and focus group input.
- Hosted 2 public meetings and workshops - April 17, 2018 and February 15, 2018.
- Completion of the public phone survey January 8 to February 2, 2018.
- Hosted user and stakeholder focus groups on January 12 & 13, 2018 to gather input.
- Review of a variety of background and supporting documents.
- Request and review data and information from comparative municipalities (Renfrew, Kincardine, St. Mary's, Goderich, Parry Sound).
The key objectives of the Master Plan are:
To review our parks, recreation and cultural services and programs in order to:
develop service profiles.
improve understanding of the services currently provided so that informed decisions can be made.
ensure services are being delivered in a manner that meets resident and other user expectations.
To provide an opportunity for our residents, users, staff and stakeholders to provide input.
To foster collaboration across departments in identifying opportunities for service improvements.
To adopt and embrace a corporate culture that is adaptive to a changing environment and is committed to continuous improvement.
To identify potential cost savings through increased efficiencies that can be used to support existing and/or new services that align with community expectations and requirements.
Further updates will be available via the Town website.
Staff contact for the Master Plan is Sherri Walden | email@example.com | 519.364.2310 x 2123