TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the Corporation of the Town of Hanover has prepared a draft Community Improvement Plan (CIP) in accordance with the Town's Official Plan under Section 28 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended. Hanover Council will hold an electronic public meeting to receive public comments on the draft Community Improvement Plan on:
MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2020 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM
Please click the link below to join the meeting:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 929 205 6099 (long distance charges will apply)
For a copy of the full Notice, click here
A Community Improvement Plan (CIP) is a tool where municipal staff and economic developers can work to develop criteria and incentives targeting specific types of growth and investment. The CIP for the Town has been prepared to serve as a long-term strategy with a life span of 10 years to:
• Increase attainable housing stock, including secondary suites, multi-unit housing, purpose built rental housing, rooming house developments and apartment dormitory style developments;
• Promote the redevelopment and/or conversion of brownfield, vacant, and grey field properties;
• Support downtown revitalization of store fronts, publicly used frontages, and streetscapes;
• Support the adaptive re-use and improvements of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings;
• Assist new business start-up for interior leasehold or accessibility improvements for commercial space or live/work space;
• Encourage upgrades and investment in destination infrastructure, and promoting intensification in targeted areas (as per the results of the Town of Hanover’s 2019 Local Growth Management Strategy – Scoped Comprehensive Review);
• Enhance public/private partnerships to clean-up and/or rehabilitate priority and municipally-owned and acquired sites; and
• Assist the business community and acquire lands for the purposes of developing, creating physical change, and job creation.
The Purpose and The Effect of the Community Improvement Plan is to establish a set of financial incentive programs aimed at encouraging private investment to undertake many of the above noted activities and when adopted by Council, will be implemented by inserting this CIP into the Town of Hanover's Official Plan.The entire Town of Hanover will be the designated area covered by the CIP.
ANY INTERESTED PERSONS can submit written comments via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your comments to Brian Tocheri, CAO/Clerk, Town of Hanover, 341 10th Street, Hanover, ON N4N 1P5 by noon on Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
ANY PERSON may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal representation either in support of or in opposition to the draft Community Improvement Plan.
ADDITIONAL information is available for public viewing on the Town of Hanover’s website at: Hanover.ca/Economic-Development, or by contacting April Marshall, Economic Development Manager at 519-364-2780 X 1253 or email@example.com.
Dated at the Town of Hanover
this 1st day of October, 2020.
To view the full version of the draft Town of Hanover Community Improvement Plan, click here.