COVID-19 - Novel Coronavirus
INFORMATION & RESOURCES – COVID-19
The Town of Hanover wishes to keep residents informed of the latest news and information on the COVID-19 virus. The situation is being continually monitored to ensure we remain pro-active in taking every necessary precaution to limit the spread of the disease and health impact on the community.
In response to the Premiers announcement of a Provincewide shutdown effective 12:01am on Saturday December 26, 2020, the Town of Hanover will be closing all of its facilities to the public in accordance with this directive.
Municipal services, including police and fire services, road maintenance, water, wastewater, waste management, cemetery operations, and building inspections will continue as scheduled.
Payments can continue to be made to the Town through on-line banking, mail and by using the drop-off box located adjacent to the main doors of the Civic Centre. For further details on electronic services please refer to the e-services page on our website by selecting the following link e-services
Appointments can be pre-arranged for permits, licences and commissioning of documents by contacting the Municipal Office Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Information on Library operations can be found at https://hanoverlibrary.ca/.
The Town will continue to work closely with the Grey Bruce Health Unit and health professionals in Grey and Bruce County to respond accordingly to the COVID-19 situation as it evolves.
Please continue to check the website and social media for the latest information on municipal operations.
We have developed a Frequently Asked Questions document for general municipal service questions. Select FAQ's to view.
The Town of Hanover recognizes the importance of communicating with our businesses and residents during this time, being a trusted resource, and helping to promote positivity and community connection. We have developed an aggressive #InThisTogetherHanover social media campaign - everyone is encouraged to use and search the hashtag when sharing on social media.
+ Community members are asked to participate in the Positive Power Challenge! Each Wednesday morning, we will feature someone in our community doing positive things. People wishing to share or nominate someone are encouraged to comment on the Positive Power posts what they are doing and we will follow-up directly for more information. Alternatively, they can also direct message us on Facebook and Instagram or email email@example.com to contribute.
- March 14, 2022 Press Release #23 - Termination of Emergency Declaration.pdf
- January 25, 2022 Press Release #22 - Civic Centre Re-opens Jan 31.pdf
- January 25, 2022 Press Release #21 - P& H Centre Re-opens Jan 31.pdf
- January 3, 2022 Press Release #20 - Facility Closures.pdf
- December 20, 2021 Press Release #19 - Library Civic Centre Closure.pdf
- September 16, 2021 Press Release #18 - Proof of Vaccination for Public Members.pdf
- July 12, 2021 Press Release #17 - P&H Centre Re-Opens.pdf
- June 30, 2021 Press Release #16 - Vaccination Hub Volunteers Needed.pdf
- June 30, 2021 Press Release #15 - Civic Centre Re-Opens.pdf
- April 17, 2021 - Press Release #14 - Additional Restrictions.pdf
- April 7, 2021 - Press Release #13 - Provincial Lockdown.pdf
- Feb 18, 2021 - Press Release 12 - Civic Centre, P&H Centre Reopens.pdf
- Dec 23, 2020 - Press Release 11 - Provincial Lockdown.pdf
- Sept 2, 2020 - Press Release 10 - P&H Centre Reopens.pdf
- July 20, 2020 - Press Release 9 - Playgrounds and Skateboard Park.pdf
- June 4, 2020 - Press Release 8 - Rules Relaxed Dog Park,Open Spaces, Library.pdf
- May 20, 2020 - Press Release 7 - Open Space Restrictions Relaxed.pdf
- May 12, 2020 - Press Release 6 -Fire Ban Lifted.pdf
- April 3, 2020 - Press Release 5 - Fire Ban Imposed.pdf
- March 31, 2020 - Press Release 4 - Outdoor Amenities Closure.pdf
- March 30, 2020 - Press Release 3 - Emergency Declaration.pdf
- March 17, 2020 - Press Release 2 - Facility Closures.pdf
- March 13, 2020 - Press Release 1 - Suspension of Activities.pdf
- Media Release Wearing of face coverings in indoor public spaces_ GBPHU _July 10 2020 Updated.pdf
- March 17, 2020 - Hanover Police Service Press Release (1).pdf
- Public Notice-Yard Sales Prohibited.pdf
- COVID19 Considerations for Exchange of Second Hand Items.pdf
- Media Release Religious and Social Gatherings_GBPHU_ April 6 2020.pdf
- Media Release COVID-19 Mar 26 2020_GBPHU.pdf
- Mayor's Message 1, 2021 - Right Back Where We Started From – Maxine Nightingale, 1976.pdf
- Mayor's Message 2, 2021 - Mamma Mia! Here we go again - 2018 film release.pdf
- Mayor's Message 3, 2021 - The Takeaway.pdf
- Mayor's Message 4, 2021 - Open Hailing Frequencies!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 5, 2021 - Spring is just around the corner but don’t take me out to the ball game yet!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 6, 2021 - Hanover Family Day - There's SNOW Place Like Home.pdf
- Mayor's Message 7, 2021 - Patience, young Grasshopper.pdf
- Mayor's Message 8, 2021 - Nice work! Well done! Keep it up!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 9, 2021 - March Forth and Do Something Day.pdf
- Mayor's Message 10, 2021 - The 'Naming Game'.pdf
- Mayor's Message 11, 2021 - Vaccines and seatbelts have a common denominator.pdf
- Mayor's Message 12, 2021 - Just because you can doesn't mean you should.pdf
- Mayor's Message 13 - Knock! Knock!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 14, 2021 - Code of the West.pdf
- Mayor's Message 15, 2021 - COVID rollercoaster - what a ride!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 16, 2021 - You can make a difference!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 17, 2021 - Buzzwords are confusing!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 18 - Sign Wars - it's happening in Hanvover!.pdf
- Mayor's Message 19, 2021 - Funny words in the English language.pdf
- Mayor's Message 20, 2021 - Feeling extra irritable lately.pdf
- Mayor's Message 21 - A day to be Canadian.pdf
Access to accurate and current information from health professionals and government agencies is key to minimizing the potential community transmission of the virus. With that in mind, the website links below will take you to relevant agencies where you can find the most recent updates about the COVID-19 virus.
Listed below are various links to government supports and information.
Support local today by visiting InThisTogetherHanover.com where you'll find a mapping of local businesses adapting to serve our community due to restrictions as a result of COVID-19 and that have PPE available. If you are a business, find additional resources in response to your needs due to the pandemic.
Hanover Economic Development Newsletter
- Check frequently to participate in important business survey's, view the Community & Business Resiliency Map and get connected to the resources that you need.
- A central resource for people and business. Stay Informed | Find Help | Offer Help | Support & Resources For Local Business | Things To Do | Say Thanks.
Saugeen Economic Development Corporation
- Canada's COVID-19 Response Plan | The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to support Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.
- Ontario Businesses: Get help with COVID-19 Costs
Key Information Tools: